Thursday, February 9, 2012

My 16 year Anniversary today with Stampin' Up!

Feb. 9, 1996 I spent money we couldn't afford and signed up to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator...3 weeks later we moved from South Dakota to Scottsbluff, NE where we didn't know a soul!  But I perservered and began my business and got it off and running...then 8 months later we moved back to South Dakota!!  This time to Sioux Falls....during one of the worst winters ever!  Again, I perserved and got my business up and running and with God's help still earned my first ever incentive trip for a cruise to the Caribbean!!!  The next year I was number 2 in personal sales in the US! 
I feel so blessed to be a part of this amazing company!!  Stampin' Up! put braces on my 4 childrens teeth plus paid for my jaw surgery and braces....took my kids to Disneyland, DisneyWorld, and on an Alaskan Cruise when they were little!  We have seen the pink sands of Bermuda twice, Ground Zero in New York City, Broadway plays in NYC, the white sands of the Caribbean, Ziplined thru a rainforest in St. Lucia, Parasailed in Hawaii, float planed over glaciers in Alaska, rode horses on a beach in Cabo San Lucas and passed thru the Panama Canal!!!  I can guarantee you that we NEVER would have been able to do any of those things without my career in Stampin' Up! 
So, today is a happy day full of memories and thankfulness to God for bringing
this amazing company into my life!!!
Thanks to all my amazing customers/friends back in Sioux Falls who bought a MILLION dollars in stamps from me in 13 years and to my new friends here in Lafayette who are catching onto the stamp bug!!!  Thanks to my amazing Stampin' Up! friends from all over the US and Canada...I love to see you at every event!  And a big thank you to my dear friend Michele Pelky...you keep me grounded, excited, and motivated especially thru this difficult personal time....thanks for being my rock!
And lastly, thanks to my amazingly supportive husband of 26 years, Verlyn , for telling me my cards are "cute" and for all you have helped me with over the years! And to my wonderful kids, Nathan, Nicholas, Chelsea, and Calli......thanks for sacrificing time with your momma when you were young...thanks for helping me for all those years with mailings, open houses, and having so many people in and out of our house without complaint!  I love you all!

Thanks for letting me ramble on about this personal anniversary....have a great day!!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lisa,

Congrats! You have accomplished so much! You are doing a wonderful job! I am so happy to be working with you! I hope you have a wonderful 16th anniversary and an even better 17th year!

Sarah