Wednesday, April 11, 2012

More Mixed Bunch fun!!!

Thought I should put a few of my own creations on my blog!!!
My friend, Iris came over last week and we had fun coming up with some ideas
with the Mixed Bunch stamp set!  The top card was made with Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Whisper White, and Rich Razzleberry.  I stamped the flower and punched it out and then cut off 2 petals to make a butterfly. I used a 3/16" Basic Brad for the body of the butterfly and used a piece of
bakers twine for the antennae.  The other butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and
I layered them to add dimension.  The saying is from Cute and Curly.
The background was made using the Scoring Tool... I scored every 1/2"  vertically and horizontally to create the grid pattern...then I sponged across the card with Soft Suede to add depth.
This one was us playing with the embossing folder called Finial Press...I used the brayer and Pumpkin Pie ink and brayered the inside of the embossing folder...then I placed the Whisper White cardstock carefully in the center and ran it thru the Big Shot.  When it is done I cut the piece in 1/2 and taped it onto the tri-fold card showing both effects it creates on the cardstock. 
I stamped 3 flowers in Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, and So Saffron and layered then together.
This was our attempt to copy the card in the Occasions Mini Catalog...
I used the new Diagonal Scoring Plate to create the diagonal grid on the Whisper White
cardstock.  I used Pool Party, Melon Mambo, and So Saffron on this card.  The greeting is from
Loving Thoughts...I also had fun doing the "quilling" technique with the antennae.
I took a 1/8" strip of cardstock and wrapped it around the tip of the scoring tool (you could also use the paper piercing tool) to make the curl on the antennae...then I placed the curl on a Mini Glue Dot
to hold it in place.  The butterfly is made out of the flower and matching punch and is put on with dimensionals so the quilled antennae fit underneath.

Hope you enjoy the cards!!!

No comments: