Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Egg Basket Tutorial

I posted this basket on my blog the other day so I thought I would post a tutorial
of how to make a mini basket as well!  The one above was made with Pool Party this time and
the tag is layered on Island Indigo. 
For this basket my measurements were 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 so you could make 4 out of one piece of
8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.  I scored all four sides at 1 1/2".  Cut on the 4 scored lines as shown.
I corner round all four corners for a softer touch. 

This is what it should look like when it is scored and cut.

I tape the basket together with my snail tape and then I add a handle by
taping it down into the "v" area and then punch a hole and put it all together with
a brad!  The handle is a piece of Whisper White cut at 1/2" x 6" and then I punched out
a strip with the Scallop Ribbon Punch and layered them together.

Add a tag and fill with crinkle and of course, some candy!!!

Hope you have fun with this idea....they make super cute May Day baskets
or Mother's Day luncheon favors or even Wedding favors!!!

No comments: